Founded in Singapore, ProCoach introduces and provides tennis coaching to players of all skill level. ProCoach focuses on cardio workout in tennis training to build up reflexes and speed. Trainings can be conducted at the comfort of your own estate’s tennis courts or public courts.
Our sessions cater to both kids as young as age 5 above to adults. All trainers are professionally trained and certified. We offer a complete training and fitness service that is tailored to suit your individual, group, sports team or corporate needs.
Cheryl began playing tennis at the age of 9 and has developed her playing skills to a successful tennis teaching career.
She spent most of her teens participating in junior and school tournaments as well as various Open tournaments such as the STA Open. Cheryl has had great success representing her Alma Mater, Jurong Junior College and Singapore Institute of Management.
After graduating with a BS in Business Management from SIM, Cheryl had a a stint working in Barclays Bank and eventually studied sports theory from STA and became a certified PTR (Professional Tennis Registry) Instructor for both the Adult and Junior Development pathways. Cheryl always had the encouragement and support of her parents in her pursuit of tennis. This has inculcated in Cheryl that parents’ support to their child’s pursuit of sports is critical for a child’s success in any discipline. On top of that, having a good coach who is able to nurture and train the spirit and skills of a budding sportsman is equally important as well. Given her knowledge and skill sets, Cheryl hopes to introduce more people to tennis. When asked, “What is your favourite part of the game?” Her answer is "The opportunity to play."
In January 2013, Cheryl was invited to join Sports by 5. Her duties include managing and coaching tennis programs of big groups and schools as well as assisting in the Sports By 5-PTR relationship as coordinating assistant.
Credentials (Updated May 2017):
1. Head Coach of Temasek Club (2016)
2. Coach of Henry Park Primary School (Development team) - 2015 till Current
3. Head Coach of SJIIES (Saint-Joseph International Elementary School) school team - 2013 till Current
4. Completed and Certified Sports Singapore Coach Excellence Programme Theory Level One
5. Completed and Certified Sports Singapore NSYS
6. Completed and Certified Sports Singapore Basic Sports Science Course
7. Certified Singapore Red Cross Society SFA (Standard First Aid)
8. Attended WTA 2014 and 2015 Tennis Coaches Conference
9. Certified PTR Performance : Professional
10. Certified PTR 10 & Under Level 1 : Professional
11. Certified PTR 10 & Under Level 3 : Professional
12. Certified PTR Adult Development : Instructor
13. Certified Singapore Red Cross Society CPR + AED
Jo started playing rather late only picking up the game at the age of 16 and has spent years going from a recreational player to a league player and now on to an assistant coach. Relying on local leagues, mainly at club level and participating in WITS and AWA tournaments in Singapore, Jo considers herself an accomplished player who would like to pass down her passion for the game to kids.
Her career as a working professional spans the corporate world having worked for global companies like Esprit Retail Pte Ltd and The Body Shop International. Trying to find time to play whilst holding down a full-time job was always a challenge when working but her love for the game never waned. Having recently left the corporate world, she feels now is the time to get her coaching going. She envisions creating a space within the tennis court for kids to grow, have fun, learn the fundamentals of fair play but most of all create safe place for all to enjoy the game.
She shares her passion for tennis with her passion for helping out in the community and the less fortunate, hoping one day to bring a junior programme to Mysore, India where she supports a shelter for street children, to inculcate a love for sports through tennis.
Jerome first picked up a tennis racket at the age of 7 years old after being introduced to tennis by his father and has never looked back ever since.
He went on to become the top junior in Singapore in the Under 12, 14, 16 & 18 Categories. He also had great success in the local STA tournaments with titles including winning the Intermediate and Advanced Men's Singles titles. Jerome has also represented Singapore in the Combined Schools ASEAN games and also the Junior Davis Cup.
Jerome is a certified PTR (Professional Tennis Registry) Instructor and also a GPTCA (Global Professional Tennis Coach Association) International Tennis Coach. Jerome is an extremely versatile coach with Clients ranging from all different levels, from Beginners, Intermediate to Adults and also the Competitive players which competes in tournaments. Jerome also has vast experience in being an accompanying coach to the top junior in Singapore.
Playing Credentials (Updated March 2018):
1. Under 12 & 14 Ranked Number #1
2. STA Advanced Men's Singles Champion
3. Ranked #8 in Singapore Men's Category in 2010 & 2011
4. National Interschool 'C' Division Boys Champion in 2007
Coaching Credentials (Updated March 2018):
1. Attended STA Play & Stay Program in 2012
2. Coached SJI Junior in 2013
3. Coached Top Under-12 Girls Champion in STA
4. Accompanying Coach for Ranked Number #1 ITF Junior in Singapore to India & China